Last modified: June 23, 2020
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about you including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name and email address and any other identifier by which you may be identified or contacted online or offline (“personal information“);
The information we collect may include the following:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided when signing up to receive marketing emails from us, engaging with a customer service “chat bot” to assist you or requesting further services, and scheduling an appointment to speak with us. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Search queries.
- You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk and may be publicly visible by all visitors to our Website (and available through search engines).
Information Collected Through Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, engagement on the Website with content, as well as your browsing patterns, including:
- Details of your visits, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, platform, operating system and browser type.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns for our Website.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website and where you left off.
- Speed up your searches.
- Support our company growth, publicity, and marketing efforts.
We use the Google Analytics service to analyze our Website: For more information please see “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”, located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out from Google Analytics service from using your information by installing the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser tool: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: www.google.com/policies/privacy.
The Technologies We Use for This Automatic Data Collection May Include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit TGA, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity). For further information visit allaboutcookies.org.
- “Do Not Track” Signals. Note that your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, we currently do not alter our practices when we receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a you. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you may wish to visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
Please click here to find out more about the cookies that are used on our Website and your options to enable and disable those cookies.
Third–Party Websites, Software, And Services
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information to do the following
- To present our Website and its content to you;
- To notify you of changes to our Website;
- To promote new offerings available from us. You may opt out of marketing information from us by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email or by contacting us at email@example.com. In the header of the email, please include the words <The Game Agency Marketing Opt Out>;
- We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to you on the internet on websites we do not own or control (this is called “retargeting”);
- To fulfill any other legitimate purpose for which you provide it; or
- Where we have obtained your consent.
- HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about you and our other visitors and information that is not personal information, without restriction (unless prohibited by applicable law).
We May Disclose Your Personal Information:
- To contractors and service providers we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To third-party scheduling and chat providers, if you use these functions on our Website to schedule calls and/or chat with us you direct use to share personal information with them pursuant to their privacy policies;
By scheduling a meeting with TGA, you consent to receive transactional emails from Calendly related to the scheduled meeting (e.g. booking confirmations and reminders). If you provide your phone number for text reminders, you also consent to receive SMS text reminders from Calendly related to the scheduled meeting between you and TGA.
- To third party advertising platforms and technologies, to allow us to serve advertisements about our own products and services to visitors to our Website. Although we do not have advertising on our Website, as stated above, we may use information collected on our Website including through cookies, and use third party advertising technologies and platforms to serve advertisements to you about our products and services on the internet (including on websites that we do not own or control);
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, other sale, or transfer of some or all of TGA’s assets, whether as a going concern, as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by TGA about our Website visitors is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill any other legitimate purpose for which you provide it;
- Where we have obtained your consent;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request; or
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of TGA, our customers, or others, as permitted by law. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Marketing Communication from TGA. If you do not wish to have your email address and other contact information used by TGA to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data, by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the header of the email, please include the words <The Game Agency Marketing Opt Out>. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the TGA as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, webinar registration, or other transactions for which your information is required for TGA to provide the business activity you requested.
- ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION; DELETING USER CONTRIBUTIONS
You may have the right by law to access, correct, and/or request the disabling or deletion of the personal information stored by us as result of your engagement with our Website and to oppose, on legitimate grounds, that your personal information be collected, processed, used, or stored. Additionally, some of the third-party services that we use allow you to opt out from their services as described above in the section “Information Collected Through Data Collection Technologies”.
To access, correct, disable or delete certain personal information, you should contact us directly at email@example.com and indicate the requested action.
European Economic Area:
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), or if otherwise required by applicable law, where we are the controller, you have the following rights in relation to your information (subject to limitations set forth in the applicable laws):
Inspection and access: you can request from us a summary and a copy of any personally identifiable information we hold about you;
Correction/addition/removal: where you believe your information is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to request us to correct, amend, or delete it;
Portability: you may request that we send you any personally identifiable information that you have provided to us or ask that we send this information to a third-party;
Objection: you may object to us using your personally identifiable information where we use it based on our legitimate interests to do so;
Restriction: you may request that we restrict the processing of your information where you believe it is inaccurate, our processing is unlawful, you believe we no longer need the information or if you have objected to our use of it; and
Automated Decision Making: where we undertake automated decision making (including profiling), which significantly affects you, you are entitled to object to such decision-making.
You can also exercise any of your rights by contacting us directly through the contact information provided at the bottom of this page. You always have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority for data protection in your jurisdiction.
- DATA SECURITY
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. We do not ask for and you should not provide any payment information through this Website.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website such as comments to blog posts. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any visitor or the general public on our Website and on third party websites, such as search engines.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
- DATA RETENTION
- CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 16
Our Website is intended to market our services to our business customers; it is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use this Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- INTERNATIONAL USERS
TGA is based in the United States, and, regardless of where you access our Website or otherwise provide information to us, the information may be transferred to and maintained in servers located outside the European Economic Area and the United Kingdom, including in the United States, which may not provide the same level of data protection as your country of residence. This is necessary in order to provide our Website. Regardless of where your personal information is located, we undertake measures to protect the security of your personal information as set out above.
- CONTACT INFORMATION