The Interactive Web Developer will be passionate about crafting compelling interactions, have the diverse technical skills to tackle varied challenges, and be an eager participant in collaborative development.
A successful candidate will have a range of useful skills and experience both technical and non-technical, be a self-motivated learner, have a strong interest in technology and how it’s used, and strive to improve upon established work, patterns and processes.
- Collaborate with art, game design & learning experience teams to design interactions that are feasible to deliver within project timelines.
- Develop custom interactions and gamified content to support learning objectives.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting spanning multiple integrated systems in order to isolate & remediate bugs.
- Perform maintenance and address technical debt on existing games, courses and interactive content.
- Propose innovative solutions, improvements and optimizations to technical challenges.
- 3+ years of professional experience in web application development, game development or other interactive programming
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within large and diverse teams including clients, stakeholders and subcontractors
- Demonstrated ability to experiment with, learn and successfully implement new technologies
Nice to haves:
- BS/BA in Computer Science or a related discipline
- AngularJS experience, or experience developing in contemporary web application frameworks, egs Angular, React or Vue
- Experience developing communication strategies for multiplayer web-delivered games
- Backend development experience with PHP, Node and/or Express
- Data architecture experience using SQL and/or NoSQL database technologies
- Experience developing, testing, optimizing and scaling high performance Web applications for consumption by mass audiences
- Experience developing automated tests
- Familiar with Agile software development methodologies
- Previous experience in developing educational content; familiarity with learning management systems, SCORM, xAPI and other technologies and standards found in the educational realm
- Previous experience working with digital artists, UX designers, LX designers
- Game engine development experience (egs: Unity, Unreal, GameMaker, Phaser)
- Mobile app development experience including applications published to Google Play and App Store
The Game Agency (TGA) is the gaming division of eLearning Brothers, a leading learning technology and services business. We use games to deliver better training results for our customers by engaging learners more deeply with content to improve retention and performance. We seek people who have a passion for their craft, know how to have fun and who are looking for a long term home with room to grow. We take fun seriously! And with annual team trips (barring pandemics) to places like Laguna Beach, CA and Key West, Fl we also like to unplug and have fun as a group. If this sounds like a good fit for you then let’s connect.