The Game Agency is passionate about making education and corporate training more effective. We help learners connect with training material through gamification programs and we turn educators into heroes powering them with fun games, serious software and impactful analytics. Our games have been played in over 100 countries and in 20+ languages and cover topics such as new-employee onboarding, sales training and product training, social skills, leadership development, security, safety, compliance, financial literacy, systems and processes, and customer service.
We are looking for a lead game designer to lead a new large project crafting custom game systems for adult learning and continuing education. The project involves unique systems that support learning objectives involving small team cooperation.
- You know that games are great ways to learn and you are passionate about using game systems to unlock engaging ways to teach, educate and let players understand the world around them.
- You are a generalist, you like to roll up your sleeves and do a bit of system and level design but you are also keenly aware of UX design as well.
- You’ll get to guide a team to craft learning experiences that are both fun and effective ways to learn.
What we expect
- 5 years of experience designing either commercial or educational games.
- Good understanding of game tutorial design.
- Resourceful, a problem solver who finds fun in discovering solutions within constraints.
- Willing to take charge: communicate risks and benefits of actions and plans.
- Good communication skills: be able to translate your design recommendations and vision into understandable action items.
- Good listening skills: Be able to understand goals, constraints and feedback from users, clients and co-workers.
- Good knowledge of prototyping/wireframing tools (Figma, Adobe XD)
- Comfortable in front of clients and leading calls
Nice to have
- Experience in co-op multiplayer game design
- Basic understanding of game development/ web programming
- Basic understanding of accessibility issues and integration
What we offer
- Remote work amenable
- Comprehensive Health Care Coverage
- 401K, profit sharing and employee incentive financial package
- Exciting and dynamic work environment
- Opportunities for growth within The Game Agency and in our larger parent organization
- Help us make the world a better place with games!